The best scalp massager has been designed to encourage circulation in your scalp and relax your mind. You may experience tension within your neck and head, and by using a scalp massager, you can relieve this tension as these are excellent stress reducers. Add some warm oil throughout your scalp, and with the scalp massager, you can work it into the tight muscles of your neck region and temples.
Scalp massagers are also used in stimulating hair growth. These handheld, brush-like tools work to exfoliate and stimulate your scalp. They offer an alternative to exfoliating and scrubbing your scalp with your fingernails. Some scalp massagers are designed to be applied to dry hair; however, there are some that are able to go into the shower with you to gently stimulate your scalp.
These are some of the best scalp massagers for you to choose from:
Best Scalp Massager Reviews
1. Best Scalp Massager – LATME Electric Scalp Massager-Handheld
- Full body tiredness eliminator
- Powerful 3D kneading Shiatsu Massage nodes
- Relieves pains in your shoulders, neck, back, legs, feet, and arms as well as being great scalp massager
- Helps relieve sore and tight muscles and stress
The LATME electric scalp has twenty-eight individual nodes along with thirty deep-kneading nodes. It is the perfect hand-stimulation scalp massager to provide you with a full massage to increase blood circulation to your scalp. It will provide relaxation, release stress, and relieve a sore scalp along with boosting your hair growth.
2. Scalp Massager Brush – Rolencos Hair Scalp Massager
- Perfect hand grip
- Waterproof and needs no batteries
- Works on different hair types (thin or thick)
- The body of the massager is completely assembled without the use of glue
The Rolencos hair scalp massager is the first of its kind. Other brands have attempted to imitate this massager, but few measure up to it. This massager will help your scalp become healthy and clean. It is the solution to your scalp’s problems, such as seborrheic dermatitis, curly hair, dandruff, as well as thin and thick hair growth, long nail, and itchy scalp.
3. Scalp Massager Shampoo Brush – Heeta Hair Scalp Massager with Brush
- The ergonomic design means it fits perfectly in your hand
- Lightweight and stores easily
- Suitable for long manicured nails and won’t damage your nails as you use the massager
- High-quality soft brush
The Heeta hair scalp massager is a manually operated hygiene tool perfect for various hairstyles. This scalp massager will make your scalp and hair cleaner as you enjoy a relaxing massage experience to your head. Enjoy a relaxing massage with every shower at home, and every time you wash your hair.
4. Electric Scalp Massager for Hair Growth – Amirce Electric Scalp Massager with Comb- Anti-Hair Loss Magical Comb
- The wavelength of the massager is 655 nm to rouse hair follicle cells
- Promotes new hair growth
- Brush detaches so you can choose to use them with or without for massage purposes
- It will help to relieve stress and headaches
Amirce has a new design with its magical comb that is not only a scalp massager, but also an arm, leg, and back massager. With its red LED light, it is designed to promote hair regrowth. This massager’s comb can provide 7500 vibrations a minute and is strong enough to massage the skin as well as your scalp.
5. Hand Held Scalp Head Massager – USAGA Head Massager with 20 Fingers Scratcher
- The product comes with a special cleaning cloth
- Constructed from a light-weight metal
- Durable and portable massager to take anywhere
- Provides tingling, relaxing sensations from your head to your toes
The twenty-head USAGA head massager will provide you more touches for more relaxation. This massager moves forward and backward to massage your head and offers a whole new relaxing experience. The USAGA is made from durable metal, yet is soft for your head, durable, and easy to clean.
6. Best Scalp Massager For Hair Growth – Kerotin Scalp Massager
- Exfoliates dead cells
- Massages scalps to promote natural turnover of scalp cells
- Unclogs pores that can lead to dandruff
- Massages scalp with Kerotin Argan Oil
The Kerotin scalp massager helps activate hair follicles to grow longer and is infused with tourmaline. The brush contains the tourmaline to give you healthier and shinier hair. This massager will provide you with cleaner hair along with an exfoliator.
7. Rubber Scalp Massager – F-King Scalp Massager- Handheld Claw Head Massager for Deep Relaxation
- Easy to carry and take with you anywhere
- Excellent quality and choice of colors
- Relieves pressure points with ease
- Stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation to hair follicles
The F-King scalp massager is a flexible hygiene tool with steel balls at the end of each five fingers. The handle is ergonomic to give you a good fit and easy to hold experience when massaging your scalp. The claw massage heads effectively promote blood circulation to your head to relax muscles and provide deep relaxation.
8. Best Electric Automatic Scalp Massger – VITTA Handheld, Waterproof Massager
- Bristles are made from bendy, rubbery silicone
- Gentle on your scalp, but sturdy and firm to provide a great massage
- Waterproof so it can be used while shampooing
- Gives hair a deep clean
The VITTA electric scalp massager helps to clean your scalp and solve flaky, itchy hair issues. This hygiene tool will help to stimulate hair growth and relieve the stress of the day. The intense vibration with the soft bristles provides an exhilarating experience.
9. Professional Scalp Massager – Breo Electric Portable Scalp Massager
- Imitates six traditional massage skills; stretching, crimping, pushing, pulling, rubbing, and grabbing
- This massager is great for the scalp as well as other areas on your body
- Incorporates modern technology to create an excellent massage experience
- Works on hair growth, headaches, and migraines
The Breo electric portable scalp massager has an ergonomic handle to make it easier to handle. This massager is compact and easy to take with you anywhere. The Breo electric scalp massager is waterproof and can be used in the shower or tub to give yourself a body scrub or scalp massage.
10. Hand Scalp Massager – Willkem Shampoo Brush Vibrating Scalp Massager
- Boosts hair growth
- Waterproof so can be used in the shower or as just scalp massager
- Battery operated
- Automatic hair detangler
The Willkem shampoo brush vibrating scalp massager allows you to experience a soothing scalp massage while cleaning your hair. This massager is both comfortable and relaxing and features effective vibrations to relieve tension and refresh your entire scalp.
Features to Look for When Buying a Scalp Massager
When you set out to buy a scalp massager, you will find there are a few different options for these tools. Some you can use in the shower and feature soft silicone bristles that will gently stimulate your scalp. There are also scalp massagers that vibrate to give you a relaxing sensation.
Scalp massagers can also massage other parts of your body, and the claw-like scalp massager or electric massager will provide a kneading motion much like that of a masseuse. Depending on the sensation you are looking for, these are four choices:
A claw-style scalp massager has heads with flexible steel balls on the end of the four to five arms, depending on the style you choose. The claw massage heads with their flexible steel balls help to promote blood circulation in your head and relieve pressure. The arms on these tools will bend to fit your head
brush style scalp massager with a built-in vibration will give you a deep kneading massage. Most of these models have two speeds and offer a low or high massaging intensity. These hygiene tools will enhance the blood flow to your scalp and relieve headaches.
Soft massager or shampoo brush
The hand-held soft massager or shampoo brush operates manually. There are no batteries to replace and no recharging to perform. This brush is excellent to take in the shower to help massage the scalp and remove any product, or dead skin buildup from your scalp.
A rechargeable electric massager that can massage other areas of your body as well as your scalp
The rechargeable electric massager generally has two modes of vibration and provides you with the maximum comfort of relaxation. This hygiene tool fits in your hand and does not require effort from you except to move it around your head to reach all surface areas. This massager is great for getting your blood circulating and relaxing tension headaches.
1. Do Scalp Massagers Work?
There is no scientific evidence to prove scalp massagers will help hair to grow, but they are able to increase blood flow. With increased blood flow, there are more nutrients brought to your hair follicles. These tools may not physically grow your hair; they can make your scalp healthier as they help to remove excess oils and product buildup on your scalp. One factor with the scalp massager is that they feel great because you have nerve endings on your scalp that respond to the massage as well as the muscles are able to relax under the action.
2. Are Scalp Massagers Worth It?
A scalp massager is worth the deep clean they provide to your scalp, and how they are able to stimulate blood flow. Whether you choose an electric model or the manual, the massager is able to get deeper into your roots and remove buildup and dirt on your scalp. These hygiene tools are easy to use and clean and help you to increase healthy effects on your hair.
3. Does Vibration Stimulate Hair Growth?
A vibrating scalp massager can clean your head effectively to get rid of flaky hair. This motion will also help relieve headaches and stress. The vibration will stimulate your blood flow to the skin on your scalp and hair follicles. When you use a massager with a vibration motion, it can bring more oxygen-rich blood to areas on your scalp that are balding or thinning.
4. How Often and Long Should You Massage Scalp?
There is no specific time frame or number of times you should use a scalp massager, but most experts recommend once or twice a week from five to ten minutes. While using the massager, take deep breaths to enhance the effects of your massage. This breathing technique will increase your oxygen flow throughout your entire body. Deep breaths will allow the cells to function at their fullest potential.
5. Does Scalp Buildup Cause Baldness?
When a person notices flakes on their shoulders, they first think it is dandruff. Dead-skin flakes in your hair land on your shoulders from a condition called seborrheic dermatitis. The condition is common and causes the skin on your scalp to flake. The flakes can be the result of several conditions:
This condition is chronic and does not have a cure as it is rooted in your immune system. Psoriasis is considered an autoimmune disease, which means you have autoantibodies attacking your healthy tissue.
This condition is when you have patches of skin that have become inflamed, cracked, itchy, red, and rough. In some cases, blisters appear.
Scalp buildup can also be the result of less severe conditions, which are treatable such as:
- Hair-care products
- Skin cells
- Combination of above products or substances
When you experience scalp buildup, it can cause hair loss. When the oil, sweat, and dead skin are left untreated, it clogs your hair follicles. Depending on how long it goes untreated, an uncomfortable condition called folliculitis can develop. Folliculitis causes inflammation, which can result in an infection. This infection can end with permanent hair loss.
6. How Do You Loosen Your Scalp Muscles?
Scalp muscles can become contracted or tense, which will result in tension headaches. The muscle contractions can be a result of depression, anxiety, head injury, or stress. These can happen at any age but are more common in older teens and adults.
With the use of a scalp massager, you can release tension and increase the production of serotonin along with increasing circulation to your hair follicles. The action of a scalp massager will loosen your scalp muscles.
7. How to Use a Scalp Massager?
Depending on which scalp massager you choose, will determine how it is used. These hygiene tools are just what they sound like; massagers for your scalp. They work by exfoliating and stimulating your scalp. It is recommended you use the scalp massager on either wet or dry hair for about five minutes. If you are washing your hair, this is the perfect time to use the massager. The massager will help to dislodge dead skin cells as you shampoo and wash them away with the soap.
If you are washing your hair at the same time as using your massager, apply the shampoo product to your hair as you normally would. Work the shampoo into your hair with your fingers. Take the scalp massager and massage the shampoo or hair product into your scalp with gentle, circular movements. Continue this action for about five minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water as normally would while continuing to massage your scalp, so you thoroughly remove all buildup left on your scalp.
If you are doing the massage with dry hair, you can follow these steps:
- If your hair is long, part it into four sections; two in the front and two in the back
- Begin using the massager on the front two sections, or if you have short hair, on the front portion of your head
- Rotate the massager, so it is moving in a circular motion
- Maintain the motion on each section of your head from thirty to sixty seconds until you have covered your head’s surface
- Each time you move the massager to a different part of your head, you will want to pick up away from your hair and place
- in the next section if you have long hair. Short hairstyles may work well to just slide from section to section
There are a variety of scalp massagers that provide a wealth of benefits to your scalp and overall health. From conditioning your scalp to enhancing blood circulation, there are a lot of advantages to using this small hygiene tool. We hope the above information helps you to choose one that will work best for you.